Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We have Re-"Stuffed" the Nook...and other new details










Hey... I wanted to let you know that the nook is re-stuffed with lots of fun new and old small treasures. Stop by Troy Antiques on the square in downtown Troy, Alabama and check it out.
Sometimes I wonder if it is all "worth it"...the time, the focus, the time, the time.....and the time.
Where do we focus our efforts? Where should we focus our efforts? Bobby has all he can do , I have all I can do...and, believe me, we are thankful each and every day that this is the case. We praise God from whom all blessings flow...
And, most of all, we love, love, love what we do! That is the best part of our "jobs". People sometimes ask if Bobby is "retired"-because he goes along with me as my personal window treatment "installation expert"-and I guess because he is not at a "real" job. The answer is "No"-Bobby is not retired. He works lots-and late hours-and weekends, too, most times.
But, I think that because we enjoy our work, both Bobby and me, and that for the most part, we work together, it does not seem like a "job".
We truly enjoy all that we do-restoration projects, building, art and sewing projects, light fixture making and repair, re-purposing, light upholstery, refinishing, painting, and the occasional "hunting" for unique finds and treasures...and at the same time mix in visits to our beautiful grandson Grayson...and our children, Lauren, Allie and Brantley-it is most definitely "worth it".
So...just wanted to share that we have added one more thing to our list: Etsy...might as well give it a try. After all, most everything we do is handmade. Just wish we could figure out how to ship a loveseat to Chicago... ;)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cottageandcabin

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new store...I've been looking into opening that up as well! Good luck (and so wonderful that you both can do something together that you enjoy!)

    ReplyDelete