Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pencil Pleats






My latest drapery project has been ongoing for a while now. These beautiful warm honey brown silk panels will complete my orders for this home. The decorator for this project requested 9" pencil pleats...which I thought nothing of really, until I started looking for 9" pencil pleat tape. Well, it does exist...in the United Kingdom...and thankfully, there is international shipping.
I thought I would show a few photos of these panels before installation. The panels will be hung in the music room on antique gold iron drapery hardware from www.antiquedraperyrod.com. There are two panels-each one is two and a half widths of fabric-135" wide...with a length of 120".
The homeowner wanted no other trim on these panels, so as to showcase the long pencil pleats.
The silk panels are lined and interlined.
Call or email me for more information about custom drapery panels. I can help you with yardage requirements and fabrics as well as installation. Shipping available.

No comments:

Post a Comment