Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Friday, February 19, 2010

For Sale: Antique Chair and Cottage Style Slipcover








Ready for delivery...I just completed a cute slipcover and pillow for an antique chair. This chair is comfy and cozy with cute wood feet and trim. The fabrics I used for the slipcover are a medium weight cotton cottage style floral and coordinating stripe...and a distressed green faux leather for the cushion top and bottom. I opted to make a short skirt, gathered at the corners, to "show off" the chair's stained wood accents. A 16" x 20" matching mixed fabrics pillow completes the set.
The chair will be displayed for sale at Old South Antique Mall in Dothan, Alabama, $225/set.
Labor prices for slipcovers vary according to the piece of furniture and details requested...labor for most chairs starts at $150... Slipcovers are quite labor intensive and I do require the furniture piece to get a correct fit-but we offer pick-up and delivery.
Also...of course, the antique mall accepts cash, check, and debit and credit cards...but, I often forget to mention to individual clients that I offer these payment options for labor and accessories for custom orders. Call or email me for details.
I try to occasionally offer a slipcovered chair or sofa for sale-this is an opportunity for me to advertise as well as offer a "good deal" for the furniture, fabric and labor.
Be sure to check out some of our other accessories as well as all the other booths at Old South Antique Mall...just have plenty of time...I could look for days...

1 comment: